Maybe you think there’s no hope for your marriage.
Maybe you think it’s too late and there’s nothing you can do.
That couldn’t be further from the truth.
In fact, that’s what the enemy wants you to think.
Don’t wallow in the past.
You can’t go back and start again, but you can start over today!
Be a man of integrity and show her how much you love her through your actions.
Remember, you’re not alone.
Every couple experiences hurt, pain, heartbreak, and feelings of despair.
Put your trust in God and take the necessary steps to make your marriage what God wants it to be.
He wants you to experience deep joy and commitment while glorifying Him.
If you’re not tending to your wife’s needs, both spiritual and physical, you’re doing her and your marriage an absolute disservice.
Marriage is a full time, life long, and holy commitment.
Here are a few ideas to get you started in the right direction. This isn’t a comprehensive list and it’s not in any particular order. But it’s a great starting point!
1. Love your wife like Christ loves the church. Ephesians 5:25 says, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her…” You should love her fiercely, without abandonment or conditions. If you begin to love your wife like Christ loves us, everything else will begin to fall in place.
2. You need to be the spiritual leader of your home. You both need to hear from God, but YOU are ordained to be the head of your household. “For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.” Ephesians 5:23
3. Pray for her everyday. Pray for her every chance you get. Ask her what her specific needs are, and what she’s believing God for. Pray often and out loud together too.
4. She needs to be exclusive. Honor her. Never put someone else’s needs above her needs. Besides Jesus, no one (or thing) on this earth should ever receive greater attention, care, or adoration than your wife. And you should not only be her husband, you should also be her best friend. Never compare your wife to another woman or fantasize what it would be like to be with someone else. Here’s a sobering thought… Jesus said if you even look at another woman you’ve committed adultery in your heart. If you’re viewing pornography stop immediately.
You don’t have a “pornography” problem, you have a sin problem.
5. Tell her she’s beautiful. Your wife should be your ultimate standard of beauty. In other words; if she’s a 5’7″ brunette with green eyes and weighs 150 pounds then this is your standard of beauty. No other women should ever compare or compete with her standard. If she dyes her hair red and gains/loses weight, this is your new standard. She’s it, end of story.
Bonus: Romance doesn’t just happen and it’s certainly not a mystery. Romance is purposeful and well planned for. If you’re not purposefully pursuing your wife romantically, you’re doing your marriage and your wife a complete injustice. Be her fantasy! Love her fiercely and pursue her with passion. Need inspiration? Read the Song of Songs and pray God gives you ideas, plans, and revelation on romancing your wife.
Pingback: A Love Worth Fighting For | See Jill Go